FOR BLOG FOLLOWERS AND FB FRIENDS WHO DON’T GET OUR EMAILS, HERE ARE THE LATEST PRAYER REQUESTS….
1. Permanent visas – as you know we applied for our PERMANENT residency visas back in August of 2012. I called Immigration NZ and discovered that they haven’t even assigned our paperwork to any case worker yet! So it’s still sitting in some pile of applications on someone’s desk somewhere! And our current TEMPORARY WORK visas expire in 21 days! So I am in the process of filling out more applications to renew/extend our current temporary visas while they process our permanent ones. But Immigration said that can take a month or 2 to process! So while they are processing our temporary visas, we need an INTERIM visa just to stay in the country. Ahhh! Please pray that we get the INTERIM visa so we can get the TEMPORARY work visas so we can eventually get our PERMANENT residency visas!
2. M – the recipient of my kidney has agreed to go through the Gospel of Mark with me! He still hasn’t made a decision for Jesus yet, but he is close! He says he wants to ‘learn more’ before he makes up his mind. Pray that we have awesome times in God’s Word and that God will speak to him and bring him to the point of accepting Jesus. We will start in Mark in a couple weeks and hopefully will do it weekly or every other week.
3. Z’s friend – our 8 year old son had shared the Gospel with his classmate a couple months ago and his friend had prayed to accept the Lord! For Christmas, Z bought his friend a bible. And now his mom and him read it often at night. She said it was a very special gift for them! I talked to her about her son’s new faith and she said she thinks it’s great – she wants him to learn Christian values and morals. She said she grew up in a nominal Christian home, but never practiced her faith. Her husband is agnostic. Pray that we can continue to be an influence in their lives as we seek to point them to Jesus.
4. T’s friend – T had also prayed with her schoolmate and teammate (basketball) a few months ago to accept the Lord. But we haven’t had a chance to talk to her parents about her faith. Now that basketball is over, we don’t see them as much. Pray that we can talk to them soon about faith and Jesus.
5. School – the kids are on summer holidays at the moment (it’s summer in the southern hemisphere now) and will start school in less than 4 weeks. T will start middle school (year 7)! J will start his last year of middle school (year 8)! And Z and D are still in primary/elementary school – years 4 and 2 respectively. Wow! Pray they start well and that they can be light and salt for Jesus with their schoolmates.